ABOUT MY WORK:
Hey! My name is Dan McQuade, I am a New York-based sculpture and 3 dimensional artist. My current work is focused on bringing awareness to mental health, an extremely important aspect in my life. Intrigued by the human form, I enjoy taking on the complex challenges that come with recreating the human body, always reminding myself that in the end the hard work put into creating is worth it.
With a background in practical makeup effects for film and tv, adapting our body’s to the artistic visions I possess have always held a special place within me, whether its mind, body or soul. I am well versed in the world of sculpture, whether it be ceramics, pottery, mold making or any other 3 dimensional materials. I am a firm believer of "if it exists I can learn and do it." I do not like to limit my skills to just one medium as I believe that all techniques intertwine. Not stopping with sculpture, other disciplines I am able to create in include photography, painting, and drawing.
Resume at a glance:
- Lab Technician at Designs to Deceive, June 2017 to August 2018
- 2019 Scenic team at Horseman's Hallow
- 2019 Orange County Arts Council "The Art Affair," Award Creation
- 2020 Scholastic art & writing contest adjudication
- Prosthetic Makeup Effects
- Mold Making & Casting
- Life Casting & Dental Casting
- Photoshop & Lightroom
- Digital and Traditional Photography
- Painting & Drawing
- Scenic Painting & Design
- Pottery and Ceramics
- Orange County Arts Council, "2016 Youth with Exceptional Promise Award"
- Scholastic Art and Writing, Gold & Silver Key, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Warwick Valley High School
- Art Students League
- New York School of Art
- Prosthetic Renaissance Master Class
- Rockland Community College